Millions of people get exposed to toxic mold on a daily basis through ingestion, breathing and touch –  without even knowing it

Mold is shifty, silent and threatens our health. It can grow below floors, in our food and behind walls. What you might not know is that mold can make you very ill, which can be very deadly.

The crippling effect that mold has on our health is mostly underestimated by people. If you don’t control the growth of mold, your immune system can get overloaded and compromised. When someone has developed mold toxicity, they are usually left confused and frustrated when trying to determine what the underlying cause of their sickness is.

Mold exposure puts your entire health and performance at risk

Some molds release invisible, poisonous chemicals called mycotoxins. These chemicals are hard, but not impossible, to destroy. They get extremely comfortable in your living space, contaminating everything from your clothes to your furniture. When they enter the body, they travel everywhere, causing distress to the nervous system, immune system, joints and more. They alter the way you think, feel and even your longevity.

Besides these mycotoxins, mold also releases allergens and irritants that can trigger reactions that are usually related to a person’s sensitivities. For instance, 25-28% of people in America are genetically predisposed to have problems with buildings that have suffered water damage, according to studies.

Chronic mold exposure can lead to a collection of symptoms

According to research, exposure to mold toxicity can lead to:

  • Neurocognitive problems
  • Sleep issues
  • Mood issues
  • Inflammatory problems
  • Autoimmune issues
  • Fatigue
  • Joint pain
  • GI problems/food sensitivities
  • Headaches
  • Numbness and tingling
  • Weight fluctuation
  • Blurred vision
  • Brain Fog/Confusion/Memory loss
  • Sensitivity to light

Prevent mold exposure by testing your environment

The Environmental Relative Moldiness Index (ERMI) is the most widely used test to see if your home has mold in it. The EPA initially developed this test.

Gather samples from your home, office or wherever you spend time. Test them before doing anything – aggravating the spores of the mold can worsen the situation.

If you have mold (the test came back positive), consult a professional to remedy the situation

Hire a mold remediation professional to find all the sources of mold in your home or office and places where there is humidity that is trapped. A contractor-grade drying system is also needed. After the leaks are repaired, air exchanges cleared and mold removed, you need to test once more to ensure that all the spores are gone before re-entering the building.

The right doctor can also help

You need a doctor that knows how to treat mold illness or one who has been trained in the Shoemaker Protocol. Your body will also require detoxification.

You also need to give your body the support that it needs

Avoid foods that contain or feed fungus, mold and yeast, such as sugars and carbohydrates. You can supplement with activated charcoal, Glutathione and other products that help your body restore and rebuild mitochondria, aiding in recovery and getting rid of toxins.